Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Well this Easter has been like no other Easter for quite a few reasons.

First, the spiritual side. Of course, an Easter in Memphis is not complete without the Passion Play at Bellevue. As I sat there in awe of a glimpse of what Christ gave for me, it hit me of how much it meant to me that He would give it for my treasured family as well. I saw my sweet mom sweetly looking at the scene on stage. I saw the tender sorrow in my precious father's eyes as Jesus was nailed to the cross. I saw my little brother propped up on his knees trying to comprehend the moment. And then my sweet husband calmly yet seriously pondering on the meaning of the cross. This moment hit me hard like never before. I have always known that Jesus gave it all for me and the rest of the world. But have I broken it down between the small entity of myself and the vastness of the world. Have I praised him enough for this great love? What a gracious faithful God that He would come, die, and rise again for each one of us...each boy, each girl, each couple, each family, each city, each county, each state, each nation, the world.

Second, my brother and his wife came to town. What a treat! You take for granted while you are young being together all of the time. At points it even seems like a hassle. But now that I am grown, married, and out of the house, it is a treasure!!! We are so proud of them and the new adventure they are on! We did not get too much time with them but every moment was fantastic but left us all wanting more! Can't wait to see them again!

All in all..lots of food, lots of games, lots of shopping or golf, and lots of family. Great weekend! Now for some sleep...hold off Monday!!